AEO - Authorised Economic Operator
Trafertir is an AEO approved company with AEO-F authorised status. AEO certification is an internationally recognised quality mark for companies whose customs procedures are efficient and compliant, and who can therefore be considered as secure and reliable trading partners. Developed by the World Customs Organisation, it is established in the UK and EU as a part of the Union Customs Code.
Important changes to (AEO) status
AEO authorisation in the UK has changed from 1st January 2021, our AEO authorisation AEOF becomes a new UK AEO status and will replace our existing EU AEO status for GB customs operations. It will be known as a UK AEO authorisation.
- The UK AEO authorisation number remains the same to get benefits when importing and exporting goods in or out of GB.
- The UK AEO authorisation number will continue to be used to obtain benefits when importing goods to any country with which the UK has negotiated Mutual Recognition Arrangements.
UK AEO Logo and Certificate
- The new UK AEO certificate and logo has replaced the EU certificate and logo from 1 January 2021.
UK AEO Authorisations will come under the provisions of UK legislation:
- AEOC will be covered by the Taxation (Cross-border Trade) Act 2018 (TCTA) and The Customs (Import Duty) (EU Exit) Regulations 2018.
- AEOS will fall under the provisions of the Union Customs Code (UCC), as retained by the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018.
What Are the Types of AEO and Their Benefits?
- There are 2 types of AEO. Businesses can apply for one or both, without charge. Both provide recognised status across the EU (subject to agreement), the US and elsewhere.
- Security and Safety (AEOS): based on customs compliance, financial solvency, appropriate record keeping, and security and safety standards. Benefits include:
- A lower risk score in custom’s risk management systems, used to determine the frequency of customs physical and documentary checks; consignments may be fast tracked through customs controls. They may still be subject to examination but, if so, will receive priority over non-AEOs.
What else can we offer?
Our aim is to work for you, not get you to work for us… As a leading International transport and logistics provider we are well placed to meet the needs in many business sectors. Trafertir have extensive experience in most business sectors and we are confident that we can provide you with a right solution to meet your needs from door to door or from start to finish.
- European Road Network
- UK Domestic Distribution
- UPN Pallet Network Member
- Customs Clearance
- ETSF Bonded Warehouse
- 7000 Pallet Spaces
- Sea Freight
- Air Freight
- Full Risk Cargo Insurance
- Hiab & Moffett
- Waste Carrier Certified